June 13, 2012

Sephora Pantone Shades of Nature Palette

Sorry about the lateness of this post.  I know I have had this palette for over a month now, and I was so excited to share.  But I was trying to play around with the palette and experiment with different looks so you guys can see.  But I think it's a good thing since I had plenty of time to test it out. ^_^

Before I get into the palette (because you'll see plenty of my pictures of the palette), here are three looks I created using the Sephora + Pantone Universe Shades of Nature Palette ($55).  I actually created more looks, but trying to photograph eyeshadows is actually kind of hard.  Under different lightings and camera settings, the colors don't show up.  *sigh*

Sephora and Pantone Universe collaborated once again to create this Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette called Shades of Nature Eyeshaow Palette.  It comes with 35 silky colors.  I didn't count but there are mixture of matte and shimmery colors.  It has a good range of neutrals to bright vibrant colors all the way to black.  I think it's quite versatile.  You can create springy, summery day looks to dark smokey night time looks.
Here's the box the palette came in.

Back of the box which lists the information/ color numbers (it's a shame these colors don't have names).

To show you the size of the palette, I placed my iPad next to it.  It's about the same size.

The thickness is about the same also.

This palette almost looks like a MacBook. :)  When you open the palette it comes with a good sized mirror.

Another view.

Close up of the colors. (first three colums of the left side)

The remaining....

I swatched few of the colors on my hand to show you the pigmentation/colors.

As you can see, the eyeshadows are almost identical on my finger as they are in the palette.  Colors are gorgeous.









This matt black shade is the most pigmented blackest eye shadow I have ever seen!!!! Love it!!!!



You can also use the eyeshadow wet.  I swatched the shades so you can see the difference between using it dry and wet.  The left is dry and the right is wet.  It's a little darker and less shiny.


When I initially bought this palette, I figured buy it first before they are out of stock (since it's limited edition) and I can always return it.  But after seeing the palette, I couldn't let go.  And the presentation of this palette is so sleek and beautiful.  It's one of a kind.  And I really love the ranges of colors it has.  If you are looking for a good range of color palette with good quality eyeshadows, I'd highly recommend this palette. 

Here are my Pros and Cons:
Pros
- 35 eyeshadows in one sleek casing
- easy to store
- big sized mirror (great for traveling)
- most of the colors were very pigmented ( I can't say all were)
- no fall out
- can be used wet or dry
- not bad for the price of $55, considering the Urban Decay Naked Palette ( 1 and 2) are $50 each.

Cons
- unfortunately, the palette case does not snap to close.  It just closes kind of like a laptop.  This could be dangerous if you are traveling with it.
- there were shimmery colors.  I can't say this is a con, but I'd have liked to see more matte colors.
- no color names (I kind of don't care, cuz I'll use what looks good, but some people might)

I think this palette is definitely worth checking out.  My advice when you are using the bright vibrant colors (actually this applies to any bright vibrant eyeshadows) is to use a good primer or a cream base.  NYX Jumbo stick is a good one to use.

If you are going to get this, or want to check it out, go soon!!! It's a Limited Edition at Sephora!!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful looks!
    And the swatches are so pretty *w*

    ♥♥♥ Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an awesome palette. So jelly, wish we had a Sephora in the uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? They don't have Sephora in the UK? :(
      You should check eBay... I think I saw one for $64 and shipping worldwide... I love this palette!

      Delete
  3. It ends up being £85 with postage to uk ($134!) Think I'll give it a miss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thank you for the review. could you do a tutorial or just pictures of the looks you've created?

    ReplyDelete