August 29, 2012

How to: No Heat Beach/Voluminous Waves

Thanks to Daven Mayeda everyone's hair bff, I got to try making my hair beachy wave with volume without any heat.  Best of all, I was able to do this in my sleep!

Here's what you need:  Bobby Pins, water spray (optional), Styling cream (optional)

1. Brush your hair and section it off.  Apply styling cream if you want.  More sections and less hair = tighter smaller waves.  Less section and more hair.  Section does not have to be neat.

2.  Make sure your hair is fully dried.  And start twisting your hair from roots to all the way down to the tips.  Create a bun and pin it like so.  Make sure to tuck in the ends of your hair.


3.  Continue to the rest of your head.  I created 5 different buns.  One on each side, two on the back, and one on the top of my head.  I tried to pull them up to the top of my head for all the buns, so it won't be uncomfortable while I sleep.  Why does this remind me of Shrek? LOL



4.  This step is optional.  I lightly sprayed water from a spray bottle.  And I mean lightly.  I sprayed 3 times from a distance.


5.  Go to sleep with it.  I woke up, got ready, brushed my teeth and washed my face.  It was nice cuz this do kept my hair out of my face already.  Then release the bobby pin and brush your fingers through the bun.
And this is what you get! 


I absolutely love that I can create beautiful waves without having to use heat.  Of course, you need the overnight to create this, but I absolutely love that I don't have to do anything to my hair in the morning.

Watch Daven's video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment