March 29, 2012

Review: Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation and Perfect Foundation Brush



Recently I purchased the Shiseido's newest foundation, Perfect Refining Foundation along with their Perfect Foundation Brush.  I've been searching for the perfect liquid foundation for forever and I always found myself just going back to the BareMineral's Foundation. So in the winter the BareMinerals is a little too try for me so I've been using BB Creams on a daily basis and foundation from Faceshop when I go out at night...
Before I purchased the Shiseido's foundation, I bought Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua cuz I heard so many great things.  But it was still drying up my cheeks throughout the day and it wasn't as glowy as I thought it would be.

So here's my review on Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation- $38.
It comes in a small 1 fluid ounce bottle for $38.  It looks smaller than others, but 1 fluid ounce is about some other foundations pack.And a little goes a looooooong way!!!! Seriously little tiny drop can cover half of your face.


- it has medium buildable coverage
- super easy to blend with fingers
- semi-mat ( so no powder is needed except maybe t-zone)
- non-drying
- lasts all day
- comes wide variety of shades in natural, pink, yellow undertone.  I bought natural I00 very light ivory.
- looks very natural

Bottom line: It's now my favorite non-glowy liquid foundation! (still in search for that perfect glowy foundation) I think my favorite part is that I can wear it all day without having to worry about whether my foundation is moving around all over my face or drying it out.  I really hate it when I look like I have dry patches or cracks.  And I hate touching up while I'm at work! lol

Now on to the Perfect Foundation Brush- $30


I'm assuming since this brush has the "perfect" in it, so it must have been released along with the Perfect Refining Foundation.

- soft tight packed bristles with short handle for precision
- can be used with liquid, cream, and powder formulas
- angled for contouring your face
- not quite sure what it's made of

But this really is the best foundation brush I have ever used in my life.  I think I love the brush more than the foundation itself (if I had to choose).  It has soft tight packed bristles that can pack that foundation in every pore of your face!  I dot the foundation on my face first and I take the brush and stipple (stamping motion) and blend it out.  It does not leave any traces of streak on your face like some of the other foundation brushes do.  I'm sooooo in love with this brush!  I've also used this with concealers and it applies everything flawlessly!  Looooooooove!

Here's my before and after pictures of the foundations for your reference.....  I've been suffering from hormonal acne which I cannot control with products I use.  Acne disappear and re-appear every month.  And now it's created some scarring which now I have to cover along with my freckles.... :(  This foundation seemed to do a great job of covering with one sheer cover.


In the 3rd and the 4th picture you can see the difference.  Do you see how it even covered up my veins?

And here's how it looks all together. :)  It's semi-matte, but I think it still gives a natural glow. :)
I'll definitely re-purchase again.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! It looks great! I'm thinking of buying it but was just wondering whether you might be able to give an indicator of whether it might get more oily after wearing it for half a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it's oilier than other products but this is a semi-matt foundation so it was okay for me. I got slightly oily on the nose but that's pretty normal for me with any foundation.

      Delete