February 20, 2013

Review: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

Take a deep breath after reading the name of the foundation! What a long name!  I got this Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation early January and had plenty of time to test this out.  You may notice from my foundations review, that I don't really use drugstore foundations.  My biggest fear is getting the wrong color!!!   But since Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation, I was pleasantly surprised with drugstore foundation, so decided to give it a go.  Typically when I think of Covergirl, I don't think of foundations (probably mascaras), but you may be surprised this review and the performance of this foundation.
(if you want to get to before after pictures, just go straight to the end of this review. :)




WHAT IT CLAIMS
All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long.
  • All day, longwear formula
  • Primer, concealer, and foundation in one
  • Smooth, flawless finish
  • SPF 20
COLORS
This foundation comes in impressive range of 16 different shades ranging from fair to dark. Enough colors for everyone or wide range of skin tones. From what I can tell, it does appear more pink cooler undertone, but there are few shades with slight yellow undertones. And if you are much darker skintone there is Covergirl Queen (Latifah) Collection All Day Flawless 3 in 1 version.

I picked up Buff Beige (#825). It has slight yellow undertone, and I was lucky enough to pick the right color.  It matches me really well.  As a reference, I'm about MAC NC20-25, Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Nude Beige (#220), Make Up For Ever HD Foundation #117 or #120, YSL Le Teinte Touche Eclat in B30.


PACKAGING
It comes in a glass packaging with pump and a cap.  Pump can be locked and unlocked, so if the cap comes off, you won't have any accidents.  I'm loving that fact that this drugstore foundation comes with a pump.  It is easy to control.  This packs in regular standard 1.0 fluid ounce of product.



CONSISTENCY
It is a thick liquid foundation.  It's not too fluid because it doesn't run on my hand when I pump, and thick enough that it stays put when I pump it out, yet fluid enough to blend easily. It also gives you enough time to blend and buff your foundation before it sets.




COVERAGE AND FINISH
 It claims medium to full coverage.  But I find that I get plenty of coverage with one pump and one layer.  Other than my undereye concealer, I did not use additional concealer in the pictures below.  You'll see that it has full coverage. It covered my freckles, dark spots, and my blemishes.   It really blends like a dream with slightly silicone texture. As it claims, it has a lasting power of a primer, coverage of a concealer and blendability of a foundation.  When you first apply, it doesn't set right away, so you have teeny teeny dewy finish for few minutes.  Then it sets to a matte finish.  I wouldn't say completely matte, because without powder I still see a slight glow and dimension to my face.  And as day goes by when it really sets to my skin and mixes with my facial oil, it starts to look really nice and almost natural.  It doesn't settle in my lines or pores.  It stays on really well without making my face oily or seeing any separation for about 12 hours.  I find that it looks better without powder as it's matte already.  I do use loose powder to set my concealer underneath my eyes.

Now for some before and after pictures.  As mentioned, I did not use concealer on my blemishes and you can see that it is fully covered.  Also it stayed put all day and I did not need to touch up at all up to 12 hours!!!




Close up of my blemishes on my chin. (sorry for the color change, without makeup, my face is super pale and my camera picks up a lot of light in my face)

 
 
MY THOUGHTS
I was very surprised by this foundation and major kudos to Covergirl!!! They really did a fantastic job of creating a solid foundation.  Because this foundation is matte, it'll appeal more to normal to oily skin.  I have normal to dry skin, a bit more dry these days, yet this foundation works well without drying out my face, or accentuating my fine lines or pores.  It looks good all day.  I can apply this foundation with a buffing brush or fingers effortlessly.  If you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize well before applying any kind of matte foundation.
 
You can get this foundation at CVS, Walgreens, Target, Ulta, Bed Bath and Beyond.  I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.79 which is a little cheaper.  But if you are afraid that you are going to be stuck with the wrong color, I'd suggest CVS who has a very flexible no questions asked return policy.  Bed Bath and Beyond as well if you have one with beauty department. 
 
Miloberry approved! I'd definitely repurchase.


5 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I love how this foundation settles so well. I must try it! thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks soooo good on you! it does seem a little dark on you though. will this shade work for me if i'm an nc25-30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might work for you and you can always warm it up with bronzer. But I'm about nc20-25 but I think it'll work for me in the summer. The second close up pic looks a little darker but you can see that it matches my neck perfectly...
      Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. The coverage looks pretty amazing! I have this in warm beige but it looks a little darker than my skin tone. I might get nude beige next time so hopefully it's a better match.

    ReplyDelete