March 28, 2011

Review: Ovation Cell Therapy System (aka How to Grow Your Hair Faster and Thicker!)

This post has been long over due…. I’ve been meaning to write about one of my favorite shampoo, conditioner, therapy, Ovation Cell Therapy Systems for awhile now, but never got around to doing it. 

For those who have never heard of Ovation (they usually advertise on the radio), it’s a haircare system that consists of shampoo, therapy cream, and conditioner.  It claims to nourish your hair and scalp at the cellular levels to help your hair grow longer, fuller, thicker faster and also minimize hair loss.  And their products are gentle and non-toxic.  So you don’t have to worry if you think you are pouring some toxic genetically enhanced stuff to your head.  And what they claim is true and more!

I’ve been using it for a year now, and I love this stuff.  I can’t use anything else anymore…

I just recently got my 3rd batch of Ovation Cell Therapy System.  So I’ll share pictures of the unboxing. ^_^

The box it arrived in...




In Comparison to the 16.9 fl. oz water bottle.  Ovation Full Size is 12 fl. oz.  You may freak out cuz of the size, but I assure you a little goes a long way and it lasts me 6 months!


Shampoo:  It’s a color intensifying shampoo, which naturally enhances your natural hair color.  It restores your hair to its naturally healthy luster and gently removes chlorine and minerals, as well as dirt and excess oil.  It also hydrates and moisturizes without oil or silicone.  It does not contain synthetic polymers, wax, oil or harsh detergents.  Most shampoos in the market contain wax or silicone which just coats your hair making you think you have shiny hair. And it lathers up really well even with little bit of shampoo.

Therapy:  This Treatment nourishes your hair and scalp with essential amino acids, proteins, and vitamins.  It dramatically accelerates hair growth, reduces breakage and hair loss.  Grows, hair faster, stronger.  It can also be used on skin and nail.  (I put it on my eyebrows too! hahaha, it really works!)

Conditioner:  It’s weightless conditioning formula that combines natural emollients to smooth hair cuticles, minimize flyaways and restore body.  Smooth and soften coarse, dry, brittle hair while minimizing tangles and breakage from brushing. 

How I use Ovation…
I use the shampoo first, only applying it to the roots, work up a lather and this lathers up really well by adding little bit of water.  Then I work it down to the ends of my hair.  After I rinse, I use the therapy cream only at the root of my hair and scalp, massage it in, comb it down to work it to the ends of my hair.  I put my hair in a bun, while I do the rest of whatever I need to in the shower.  You can also, leave this in for couple hours, if you have the time.  Just make sure you rinse it out in couple hours.  It can harden your hair and cause breakage.  I use the therapy cream only every other wash.  I usually leave it in for 5- 10 minutes.  Rinse thoroughly.  My hair always feels like I don’t need conditioner cuz it’s so soft and moist at this point.  So, I use a little bit of conditioner and only apply it to the hair after the nape of my neck.  Or if you were to put your hair in a low ponytail, that’s where I’d start putting conditioner and to the ends.  I run my fingers through it and I rinse right away. 

So now you know how I use it…. Keep reading if you are interested in my experience…

My first encounter…
I first purchased the Ovation Cell Therapy System last year, March 2010.  I was skeptical, but a friend of mine had used it and said she liked it.  Plus they had 365 day money back guarantee.  Everyone on the radio loved it.  They also had 20% off code through KIIS FM Radio.  So I decided to give it a try. 

Why I needed Ovation…
In my 20s, I had strong, thick hair despite all the chemical I was putting into my hair on a monthly basis…. dying, perming, blow drying, ironing, etc… But now that I’m older, my hair seemed to be thinning out.  And it was harder for me to grow out my hair.  I wasn’t balding, but my hair definitely felt lifeless, and thin. The back of my head also known as the crown area felt like it was balding.  I even tried getting clip in extensions to enhance the volume, but didn’t last long cuz I didn’t want to constantly put extensions on my head.  Also, all the split ends were catching up to me from blow drying and constantly putting heat to my hair.  So I had to trim my hair every 6 weeks or so, which prevented my hair from ever growing past my regular length.  

First month of use…
Everyone that knew I purchased Ovation wanted to know how I liked it.  After using it for a month, I told them I noticed the difference significantly.  I was definitely not losing my regular amount of hair. I knew cuz I collect my loose hair in the shower (so it doesn’t clog my drain).  I was losing only half or even 1/4 of what I was losing before!!!  Not only that, my hair felt light yet strong.  My hair was calmer not frizzy even when I didn’t put non-frizzing products AND it was shiny!  And for whatever reason, my hair dried a lot faster…

Three month of use…
By three months, I was getting compliments on my hair left and right.  My hair had grown significantly, and I no longer had split ends! Which led me to not my trim hair as often and in turn, I was able to grow my hair.  When I went to my stylists for a trim and color, she noticed the difference too.  My stylist and her helper wanted to know what I was doing, and they wanted to buy ovation too.  Previous to this visit, my stylist has been trying to get me to do the Keratin Treatment which costs $250.  She stopped asking me.  Because that’s exactly what Ovation does.  Adding Keratin to the roots and hair.

One year of use…
Now my hair is so long, it hits my waist line.  This is probably the longest I have ever had my hair in my life!!!  I get compliments on my hair even from friends I see on a daily basis.  They are also convinced that it’s thanks to Ovation.  I’m not gonna deny. ^_^  And during the year, I only purchased the System twice.  (every six months).  Which is not bad at all, considering that only costs $100 every six months, compared to all the things you’d pay for at a hair salon for a lot more! 

One time I cheated…
The first time I ran out, I went back to my salon brand which costed me about $50 for a shampoo and a conditioner.  The first time I washed my hair, I was disgusted.  I was able to tell, my hair would not be the same!!! It felt squeaky and like there was some sort of wax that coated my hair! It did not feel soft and I had a hard time running my fingers through my hair.  This was strange to me, since this is what I was using before Ovation.  I tried it the second time, and still the same.  I had to go back to Ovation.  That’s when I knew, I couldn’t use anything else…

Improvements…
Bald Spot: I had a tiny baldspot near the bangs from parting it on the same spot.  That is now gone.  All my baby hair actually all grew out and is now covering the baldspot. 
Volume/ Thickness: My crown area is no longer a concern.  There’s a lot of hair there and it’s very thick and full.  I don’t even need to tease it or hairspray it now.  Love it!!!
Length:  My hair is longer than Ever!!! Down to the waist!!!
Split Ends:  Ha! What is that?  I don’t have such things!  Even with blow drying and curling my hair, I have no split ends!!!
Shine: My hair has a natural shine, and no frizzes (which is also from not having split ends).  I don’t even have to blow dry with my brushes.  I can just air dry or blow dry with my fingers and hair is still shiny and straight.  Like I did something to my hair!

In this picture, I just finished blow drying my hair with only my fingers.  I normally have wavy hair, but this stuff makes my hair so calm, that it's actually straight!


And this is how full it looks, once I curl my hair.   A lot of people think I'm wearing extensions...


 
Downside… and the Upside…
The only downside to Ovation is the fact that you have to order this through their Lab in Carlsbad.  Well, you can order on-line.. but you can’t purchase it anywhere else.  And it does cost about $100 for the shampoo, conditioner, and therapy cream.  (but if you use only what you need, it’ll last you 6 months).  However, I think DC Labs/ Ovation is able to give you the high quality ingredients because they are a small lab, not some Fortune 500 trying to make billions while spending a penny.  I truly believe you are getting high quality, non-toxic, gentle ingredients that naturally enhances your hair.

If you order, make sure you sign up with Ovation cuz if you set up for auto ship, you don't have to pay for shipping the next time around!  That's like saving $5-$10!

I know couple of people asked me about Ovation.  Hope this post helps you and make your hair beautiful and healthy! And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or call Ovation / DC Labs.  They really answer the phones and answer your questions.  I called couple of times before I made my first purchase. :)

54 comments:

  1. Darn! I just cut my hair because it was too long (mid back) and unruly. It was dry and kept knotting up around the neck line. But I'm sure I'll grow my hair out again and I'll definitely keep this hair system in mind. Thanks for all of your good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to order this! Gotta wait a little for some extra spending money. So psyched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I know you are for real? OR ARE YOU PART OF THE ADVERTISING- AM GETTING MARRIED IN TWO AM GOING TO TRY IT - AND BLOG ABOUT IT TRUTHFULLY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you read my blog you'd know that I'm real. :) but personally I don't think I have any reasons to prove that I'm real to you. This is my personal blog and it's here for people to read for interests. If you have any questions let me know. Thx

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much Milo!! you have encouraged me to try this product.I have been curious for some time now.

    Continue to blog, it is so encouraging in ways you can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! ♥♥♥ Thank you for your encouraging words... I will continue to blog! Hope your experience with Ovation is good as mine. :)

      Delete
    2. thank you MiloBerry i am a senior citizen with front hair loss i am skeptical because i have tryed other products with no sucess. due to your encouraging words i wil give ovation a try. i wil let you no my results in due time. LOL.

      Delete
    3. Hi Milo, I found ur website while searching for reviews on Ovaition cell therapy. I heard about this hair product maybe over a year ago on the radio and i thought maybe it's a scam but oneday when i was reading reviews on Mega TEK on amazon.com, which is for horses to grow their main n'tail but people used it to grow their hair thicker longer, and one reviewer mentioned that that Ovaition is made by the same company as Mega Tek and has some of the same ingrediants in it, only Mega tek is alot cheaper and is too strong, so it does cause shedding if u use that one with garlic supplement, etc.. I became interested in Ovaition trying to find a good real review on it because I don't know why the American hair loss asociation doesn't recommend Ovaition hair product to stop hairloss:/? But Anyways thank u alot for the info. and review on Ovaition, I do want to buy it soon 'cause i Hate my short hair and my hair loss problew that i suffer from since 12. I cutted about 3 inches of my hair around 2 weeks ago cuz my hair would get tanged and fall alot, now looks really short and can't keek it in ponytail. I lost mort of my hair from top or bangs, my hair is very thin, so i always wear head band to cover front the past 5 yrs. My hair always been short never done styling cuz i afraid of lossing more hair, so I'm really unhappy about my apperance cuz of my awful hair:(. I always wanted REALLY long thick hair like urs, hopefully i can have it oneday with the help of Ovaition cell therapy. Because of the 1 yr money back garentee they have I wish i did it when i first heard it, but i didn't know that time. I wanted to ask if u experianced hair falling with Ovaition when u first started using it? How many inches did ur hair grow from the past year of using Ovaition? Sorry about my long reply but ur review on Ovaition gave me new hope, Thx:) Rose

      Delete
    4. Hello Rose....
      I didn't experience extra hair loss when I first started using. I actually saw reduction of hair I was pulling out of my hair when I finished taking a shower. Since my hair is really long already, I didn't keep track of how many inches my hair grew. And I think that all depends on the person, hormones, and their diet.

      And don't give up, it all depends on what the problem is for hair loss, but keep using the product everyday or every other day for at least 3 months to feel the difference. Miracles don't happen overnight. I didn't start to notice the difference until 3 months and real big difference till 6 months. Also I'd recommend not tying your hair up because tying it puts too much strain on your already fragile hair follicles/pores on your head. Also try not to wear hair bands or hats, because I don't think that lets your hair breathe and also put more strain on your scalp.

      I wish you the best and I really do hope this product works for you! Don't give up! :)

      Delete
    5. Milo,

      At the beginning of your blog, you mentioned that your hair was thinning at the crown (towards the back of your head). I'm having the same problem too and it's scaring me to death! Did your hair grow back in that area too? If so, how long did it take after the use of Ovation?

      Delete
    6. Dear Anonymous,

      Yes, hair grew back in the crown too. I think I started to notice the difference after 3 months and definitely after 6 months... it took awhile, but I just didn't pay attention so it didn't seem like it took that long. :)

      Delete
  5. do you have pictures form your hair before ovation therapy?? so we can see if it really helped and in what areas because that is a lot of money for shampoo so before investing would like to see before pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't have before pictures because before I started using Ovation, I didn't know it was going to work and I didn't have a blog back then, so didn't feel the need to take before pictures. But I actually took a break from Ovation for couple months and noticed that I have few spots I need to fill and I'll be starting back up again. So subscribe and I should have a before picture and I'll most likely blog the process and you could see the process. Also ask Ovation about their guarantee. I believe they refund you if you are not completely satisfied. :)

      Delete
  6. Milo,

    I put a lot of color in my hair last year and it became really dry. I started using Ovations 3 wks ago and I noticed right away that it felt thicker and I do believe that I've seen less breakage as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it? I absolutely love it! So happy to hear it worked out for you!!!

      Delete
  7. I Am Going To Give This Product A Shot!!! Thanks For the Encouragement & Advice Hun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works well for you! Or there's always the 365 days guarantee! Good Luck!

      Delete
  8. I am an ovation cell therapy user as well and my hair has always been very fine and impossible to grow until i started using ovation. I have not cut my hair in 7 years and I no longer have split ends AND not only did it improve the quality of my hair it has also made it grow! Even through the damage for constantly dyeing my hair and styling. I'm no longer "the hairless wonder" as my mother used to call me. I'm so happy to see another person see great results from it and I will always swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, this product is so awesome! I've been off of Ovation for couple months, and my hair is still healthy and full, but it's not as good as it was when I was using it. I'm starting it back up again! Can't get away from Ovation! ":) Glad to hear there are other users who have experienced positive results!

      Delete
  9. I have had long hair most of my life. I been wearing it short for 6 months. But I recently decidedly want my long hair bk. I normally don't have any problema growing my hair out because it grows fast. Will this help enhance my growth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it felt like it enhanced growth. But I didn't keep track, so scientifically, I can't say it enhanced it.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for writing this! I wanted to find reviews and testimonies, yours did it for me lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad my reviewed help. I think it's definitely worth a shot!

      Delete
    2. OOps... mean't review helped. lol

      Delete
  11. I dont want to be funny, but Im a woman of color, Im black ans native Frenchmen. I want to know if it will work for my coarse, thick, curly hair, I want my hair to grow, it was very long years ago but now its sgort and womt grow, so is or are any of you yhat used this product eoman of color and did it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read on reviews that this works on every type of hair and every race, but don't quote me on that. You should try Youtube. I know I've seen reviews on Youtube from african americans. Good luck! Also definitely give Ovation a call too.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the review, I have been looking for a new product. I will try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope it works for you too! I wish you Luck!

      Delete
  13. Hi Miloberry, I also want to thank you for your review and testimonial. I've also had long hair my entire life, funny how women consider our hair a part of our idenity. I'm now nearly 50 years old and I've noticed over the past couple of years, my hair falling out after showing & washing it. I've resorted to only washing my hair twice a week and wearing it in updo's and braiding it in an effort to hold it together. Seriously, my Husband and I have commented that I should be bald by now given how much hair fall out I have. Even though the price point is a bit higher than I'm use to paying for shampoo & conditioner, the money back guarantee gives me comfort. I'm going to order it next week and I'll post you back on my findings within the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous! I know we got so nervous about hair falling out. But everyone's hair fall out too and it's natural! I pull out tons of hair everyday and I find my fallen out hair all over the place... but it's natural! Cuz when they fall out they grow out again. NOW, if it's not growing back, that's a problem!
      Hope it works out well for you! Good luck!

      Delete
  14. Hi! Thanks so much for your blog. I noticed some pretty bad hair loss after leaving Cell Therapy in overnight. I read somewhere that it was ok to do that twice per week but I guess not LOL Thanks for the warning!!
    I am curious as the to the length of your hair when you started. It is very very beautiful and just the length I am hoping for and I am looking forward to being able to curl it like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started my hair was a little past my shoulders. And when I took the picture above, it was when I had used Ovation for about a year. However, I have no idea how many times I cut it or how much I cut it when I did. But I do remember cutting it less because my hair was less damaged. :) Sorry i didn't really keep track....

      Delete
    2. Wow! That is amazing growth! You gave me the information I needed. I just wanted a starting point so thank you for that. That is so awesome!

      Delete
    3. http://myovationexperience.blogspot.com/

      Here is my blog

      Delete
  15. My hair is already SUPER thick and i dye it blonde. its really dark naturally. i have been trying to grow it out for 3 years but it wouldnt grow at all. none. the thing is i can tell that my roots are growing but my hair doesnt get any longer. so i think it just breaks off at the ends. and so i cut 3 inches off to get all of the split ends off and start fresh. i have been waiting over a year now....and same thing happened..it has not grown at all. my roots grow i can tell because of the difference in color, cut it hasnt gotten even a centemeter longer. i have tried everything!!! i am wanting to try ovation to see if it will actually make my hair grow, i dont need thickness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... if your roots are growing, then your hair is growing for sure. I don't know what to tell you... (scratching my head....)
      I can't tell you if Ovation is gonna work for you... cuz I have no clue if it works for everybody... but I don't think it'll hurt (well maybe your wallet... :P) sometimes you just have to try something to see if it will work!

      Delete
  16. Hi MiloBerry! Thank you for your review! I just ordered and received my 1st ovation set and can't wait to try it, but I was wondering- It says to use the cell therapy 2-3 times/week for the first month of use. So, did you use the ovation shampoo everyday and then use the therapy and creme rinse only every couple of times a week? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wash my hair every 2 days. So I ended up using the therapy every two days so pretty much 3 times a week. There were times where I had to just take quick showers, in which case, I skipped the therapy cuz I didn't want to waste it. After the first couple of months, when I started to see the results, I used it probably once a week to maintain... hope this helps.. and sorry for the late reply! I just saw this!

      Delete
  17. if you want to know my opinion of ovation cell therapy, check out my review!
    http://shefellliketherain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your review... oh my... that doesn't sound like fun... I wonder if you kept in the therapy for too long. I only keep it on my head for 20-30 minutes. I've left it on no longer than 4 hours.... It says you can leave it overnight, which I'D NOT RECOMMEND!

      Delete
  18. I use Nutress Hair products and they are a much more affordable replacement for the same effects as ovation therapy. The Nutress protein pack and stop break products has made my hair so strong and healthy, without the risk and cost of ovation cell therapy. Check them out www.nutresshair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I checked out the reviews and it seems like it makes your hair stronger and healthier, but doesn't seem to help it grow in areas that are balding.... :( which I think I'm looking for and a lot of readers are looking for when using Ovation.... but I think I'll try this out at some point! Thanks for stoping by!

      Delete
  19. Thanks for your great review. Your hair is very gorgeous!!!! . I just bought the Ovation Advanced Cell Therapy Treatment product for my boyfriend. He has long, thick hair, but lately he feels it is thinning in the front.
    I hope it will work on its own, because i did not buy the shampoo and conditioner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you z0mbri!
      It should work on it's own, but Ovation doesn't guaranty the results unless you use their shampoo and conditioner, from what they told me. They also recommend using shampoo and conditioner that doesn't contain silicone because silicone will coat your hair and won't let the therapy cream to penetrate into your hair/ scalp. Hope it works out for your boyfriend!

      Delete
  20. Milo i have a question. Do you wash your hair every day or how many times a week do you wash with ovation?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for this blog/testimonial. I was teetering on the fence trying to decide if I should order it or not. Like every product out there, I found some not so favorable (though honestly, for a hair product, not so bad) reviews and was hesitant. In fact, I almost ordered the Morocanoil instead but then I remember that while the morocanoil may be good for my hair, it's not going to do anything for my thinning and breakage, which has really been getting to me lately. Then I found your blog and it helped me make up my mind. Thanks for all the detail! That really helped! I can't wait to get it and try it out! I think I'll make an effort to let everyone know how I like it as well because so much of the time you only hear from those who don't like it, and those that are happy with it tend to stay quiet. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you so much i was trying to decide if i should get it after hearing my friend get it and told me i should get it and now im convinced ill love it so thank again :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. REAL HAIR SPELL
    Thank you dr Opingo for the hair spell you did for me, my hair is so long and thicker , i never believe this will really work and i remember i promise to bring people to your temple and share your testimony online if it really work. here i am happy and rejoicing for the hair spell Dr Opingo did for me, you can also contact him at: alterofcandletemple02@gmail.com thank you Dr Oping you are really a great man and i will stop sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad to find a blog regarding Ovation hair treatment. I could not believe how much difference it made when I just started using the "Advanced Cell Therapy" it came in a blue bottle. BUT NOW VERY DISAPPOINTED SINCE THE CHANGE IN PRODUCT AND NEW PACKAGING renamed "Cell Therapy Hair Treatment". I don't mind the new packaging of course but since that change the product is watered down, my head doesn't have that tingle, I'm back to loosing hair and when combing it before drying or styling it's harder to get a comb through my hair AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I'M BACK TO LOSING MY HAIR AGAIN!!! If anyone out there still has the old product and now has ordered the new, please check out the consistency and the results in your hair!! I'm hoping I can get more people to get Ovation to go back to the old product.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Milo- Thank you very much for the post. I am currently waiting to receive the product but will tell you I am terrified to use it. I have very thin hair by nature, natural blonde and have never once died or highlighted my hair. I have a good diet, and take Biotin every day but my hair is still SO thin and falls out (which I do believe is the norm). My mother thinks it's from my birth control..which might be the case but regardless I am going to give the product a shot. I feel that a lot of the reviews I have read are from people who have died their hair in the past or done perm treatments...have you heard anything about someone who just has naturally thin hair? I read a really scary story about a woman using it for 8 hours and then having almost all of her hair fall out over a weeks time..that story gave me the shivers. Would you just recommend NOT leaving the product in for that long? Any advice will help ease my fear into using this product...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. how kind did it take to get that long of hair using ovation

    ReplyDelete
  27. hair fall treatmentJune 18, 2014 at 5:01 AM

    skin
    plus clinic Provide best hair
    fall treatment
    to resolve hair fall problem instantly

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think your product Ovation Cell Therapy System is too good. Lovely hair show quality of your products. Thanks to share information with all. http://www.thelondonhairclinic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice info! Its sound like a great product! thanks for giving such kind of great info! :)

    Hair Salon in Singapore | singapore hair salon

    ReplyDelete