February 27, 2012

NOTD: The New French Tip

Last week, I posted a picture on the Miloberry Facebook Page of a nail I did that was inspired by what's been seen in London and New York Fashion Week. 

I didn't do the greatest job, and I actually meant to do a thinner french tip... (better do a better job next time) :)


This is the look I was going for, but kinda failed... and actually J.Lo rocked this type of french tip at the Oscars on Sunday.



Anyhow, to achieve this look, I started by cleaning my nails and cuticles....
And I put two coats of white nail polish to ensure that my nude nail polish will show it's true color.  I used China Glaze, Moonlight (#622).


Then I applied one thick coat of the OPI - Hopeless in Love.



Then for the french tip, I used the Sally Hansen nail art pen in black. And lined and filled in the tips.  I started the french tip thin then it got thicker and thicker as I tried to perfect the line.... Oops



This nail art pen has a small tip to make the nail art precise and easier....  but the formula that they use isn't that great.



Then I let it dry and applied my favorite top coat- Seche Vite to finish off the look. 

But overall, I liked how it turned out....  I know I'll do a better job next time. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment