Yesterday I posted a picture on my facebook page about my pink and white striped nails. So as promised this is how to create that look. Please excuse my dry cuticles and not so perfect lines.
This is the skirt I inspired me to do this design. Very summery... I like it.
Here's what you need: Base Coat, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, two color of your choice, tape, or guideline stickers.
1. Before you begin, prepare your tapes. I had straight guide stickers (similar to french tip guide stickers), so I cut those in half.
2. Apply base coat.
3. Apply the less opaque nail polish color first. Choose the color you know you have to apply twice. Apply two coats. For me it was the white color.
4. Apply Dry Fast Top Coat. You need to make sure this first color is completely dried so you don't mess it up when you apply the tape.
5. Apply the tapes as you wish like below. And light coat of the second color. For me this was pink. This color was quite opaque. (this guide stickers weren't so good. it kept on moving around. I may have to use regular tape next time)
7. Apply generous amount of Dry Fast Top Coat.